Manage Projects like Github Repositories and share Datasets like Dropbox
Hopsworks provides a new GDPR-compliant security model for managing sensitive data in a shared data platform. Hopsworks’ security model is built around Projects, which are analogous to Github repositories. A project contains datasets, users, and programs (code). Sensitive datasets can be sandboxed inside a project, and users can be assigned roles that prevent them from exporting data from the project.
Commodity Hardware for Storage and Compute
Storing large volumes of data and processing that data with lots of compute and GPUs (Graphical Processing Units) can be an expensive undertaking. Hopsworks is typically installed on commodity hardware and even commodity GPUs can be used for low cost Deep Learning.
Governance & Compliance
Hopsworks is built for Enterprises. Read the Product sheet for Hopsworks Enterprise to how it provides:
- TLS-Based Security for Data-in-Transit;
- Full Audit-trail support, Encryption for Data-at-Rest;
- Integration with Active Directory, LDAP, OAuth2;
- Project-based multi-tenancy, enabling data to be shared and processed in a cluster environment;
- Provenance support for Machine Learning Pipelines - enabling fully reproducible models;
- Conda environments & Pip Libraries in Air-gapped deployments;